Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Florence, Days 19-20

I just had a whirlwind visit to Florence. David and I caught an early train Monday and spent the day seeing the city and doing a bit of shopping. I found a fabulous dress to wear for dinner at MaxMara, as I had to look sharp for our dinner that night at the restaurant, Rossini. It was a really nice place right on the river. It was a Michelin-rated restaurant and we had a nice, relaxed dinner.

Because everything museum-wise is closed on Mondays, I stayed until the afternoon on Tuesday to give us time to see The David at the Academia as well as the Uffizi Gallery. It was such a fabulous way to end my trip!

Here are some highlights from the trip:

The view from the hotel balcony:


Enjoying a glass of wine from the hotel balcony:


Looking spiffy for dinner:
Dinner at Rossini:

Catching a bite at the Cavalli Cafe:

A new friend, Caron, the manager at MaxMara:


Enjoying the sun:

A Tiramisu to end all others:

No comments: